Pages

Jul 8, 2010

Blogging and cooking

This is like the puzzle what came first the chicken or the egg, in my case it is replaced with blogging and cooking. I was always fond of food but never fond of cooking. It was to me like a very mundane chore that I did with a very grim face. We always had a cook and I always thought that the cook is the most indispensable person in my life. But as we all know that "change is the only constant", things didn't remain the same.the most interesting part is how it changed. After quitting my job in order to take care of my son, I was mostly staying at home. I became very restless. I decided to channelize my restlessness and started a blog. A blog that would primarily speak about me, my emotions, my daily chores, my vacations, my passions.Initially I wrote a short story in my blog and then inspired by other co-bloggers I wrote a recipe and then there was no looking back. I started filling up my blog space with recipes, this also led to a sudden surge in cooking. I do not know if I am passionate about the blog or the food. I suddenly started monopolizing the kitchen, which was ever since the sole domain of my book. She didn't naturally take this insurgence sportingly and left. The strange part is I felt good after she left. I suddenly feel free and am on a cooking spree like never before. lets see how long it lasts

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for taking charge of your life and your kitchen! :) Even if it turns out to be only quick and simple dishes, you are better off without anyone else cramping your style! Cheers and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Thats the way to go Balaka and believe me you will feel more cheerful and powerful doing all the cooking all by yourself.
    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails